Finding the best registered agent service provider to help your business meet important deadlines and stay compliant is no easy task. This is because the market is flooded with many registered agent providers, making it challenging for you to choose the right one for your business.
Legal Zoom Registered Agent Review
In this LegalZoom review, we’re going to give you a comprehensive look at LegalZoom’s services and features, pricing, customer service, and everything else you need to know, so you can decide if they’re the best choice for your business.
A Little Background About LegalZoom
Established in 2001, LegalZoom is one of the most recognized registered agent service providers that offers businesses top-of-the-line legal services and LLC formation services.
Since inception, LegalZoom has helped more than 4 million clients with their business and personal legal needs including facilitating for the formation of over 2 million businesses and assistance with business operations.
With such an extensive knowledge and expertise in the registered agent industry, LegalZoom can help entrepreneurs form their LLCs and resolve their legal issues across the country in the fastest and most reliable way.
- IncFile LLC Service Review: Pricing, Features, Pro, Cons & Alternatives
- Swyft Filings LLC Service Review: Pricing, Features, Pro, Cons & Alternatives
- Northwest Registered Agent LLC Service Review: Pricing, Features, Pro, Cons & Alternatives
- ZenBusiness LLC Service Review: Pricing, Features, Pro, Cons & Alternatives
As an entrepreneur, LegalZoom offers you a wide range of features and service to help make operation or starting your business easy and stress-free for you. These services include:
Business Formation: LegalZoom can help you start your business in the most convenient way whether it’s a LLC, DBA, corporation, or a non-profit company. They help you with naming your business, preparing and filing of the Articles of Organization, banking resolutions, filling taxes, permits, and license as well as lifetime customer support.
Registered agent service: As your registered agent, LegalZoom receives all important legal documents for your business on your behalf and uploads them online where you can easily access them. They also give you timely reminders about important deadlines using their Compliance Calendar. This not only saves you plenty of time but also helps you avoid penalties and fines and stay compliant, so you’re always in good standing with the authorities.
Business Advisory Plan: LegalZoom connects you with a qualified attorney who can advise you on important legal documents of your business and best ways to run or start your business. The attorney also helps with legal document reviews and annual business evaluation. This plan also gives you unlimited access to valuable legal forms. This helps you make more informed decisions, cut down your taxes, and protect yourself from future issues.
Intellectual Property: LegalZoom helps you get the right intellectual property protection for your business whether you need a patent, trademark, or copyright.
POAs, Wills and Trust: This feature allows you to create legal documents such as powers of attorneys, living trusts and wills in only a few steps.
Like most leading registered agent service providers, LegalZoom provides their services in three different packages including Economy, Standard and Express Gold.
For the economy package, you only pay $79 plus a state fee. This package includes services such as name search, organization articles, operating agreement, LLC guides, lifetime customer support and a personal review of your documents by a legal professional.
With a standard package, you only pay $329 plus state fees. This package offers you access to all features and services of the economy package plus a deluxe organizer with official certificates and seals and certificates and VIP processing for faster processing of your orders.
Express Gold Package
At only $349 and a state fee, the express gold package allows you to enjoy all the benefits of the other two packages plus rush processing with express shipping and the secretary of state. With this package, your business formation order is completed in just 7 or 10 business days.
Prices for additional services include:
· An extra $159 per year for registered agent services
- $99 for Operating agreement
- $159 for Operating agreement plus EIN
- $199 for Operating agreement, licenses, and EIN
- Smart employer is free for the first 10 days, and costs $39.99 per month after that period
- You enjoy LegalZoom’s Total compliance service free of charge for the first 10 days, then you’re required to pay $280 every year
While all of LegalZoom’s additional services come at an extra fee, most of them are optional, so you may choose not to buy them.
LegalZoom has over 1400 online reviews from its customers. About 900 of these reviews left by customers on Sitejabber are mostly positive feedback from people satisfied with LegalZoom’s quality of services. While 400 reviews left on Consumer Affairs are mixed reviews and most of the 175 reviews on BBB being positive.
LegalZoom’s ratings on these platforms are as follows:
- ConsumerAffairs — 3.7 stars out of five
- Sitejabber — 3.65 stars out of five
- BBB- A+ rating
- Trustpilot- 3.3 stars out of five
Most of the negative reviews are from customers complaining about the poor quality of LegalZoom’s customer support and billing errors. However, many reviews are generally positive with most customers praising LegalZoom for how helpful their support reps were to them.
LegalZoom has a team of friendly and knowledgeable support representatives who are available to offer you help seven days a week. You can reach out to their support service via email, live chat, or phone up to 10 pm ET during weekdays and 7 pm ET during weekends. They also have professional attorneys available on call if you need urgent legal help.
LegalZoom offers money-back guarantee, where they refund your money if send them a refund request within 60 days of your purchase. However, they will not refund fees paid to third-parties including state filing fees and taxes.
- Their LLC formation offers great value for money as it includes additional services such as professional advice on starting a business, copyrights, and trademarks
- You can create crucial legal documents such as wills easily without incurring additional fees from hiring an attorney
- LegalZoom has many years of experience in the registered agent industry, so you can expect them to get the job done
- LegalZoom ensures maximum privacy and protection of their client’s personal data
- They have a long, 60-day money back guarantee, allowing you enough time to request for a refund if dissatisfied with their services
- Their attorneys are vetted and experts in legal matters
- LegalZoom’s customer support isn’t the best out there
- Registered agent services are not included in their packages
- Fairly expensive pricing on their packages
- Their add-on services are pretty expensive
With many years in the industry, LegalZoom has the experience and knowledge to help entrepreneurs form their businesses and operate smoothly with little or no legal issues. One thing you may like about LegalZoom is that they offer a vast range of services from LLC formation to legal services such as intellectual property filings and other additional services that are crucial for your unique ongoing business needs.